Cosmology is a challenging topic. No single lesson can really do the topic justice, but you should have at least a foundation now that you can use if you do follow-up reading on your own. Discoveries related to dark energy may continue to happen in the next few years, so you may want to keep an eye out for those, in particular.
Activity 1 - Lesson 10 Quiz
First, please take the Web-based Lesson 10 quiz.
- Go to Canvas.
- Go to the "Lesson 10 Quiz" and complete the quiz.
Activity 2 - Discussion
For this activity, I want you to reflect on what we've covered in this lesson and to speculate about the Big Bang. Since this is a discussion activity, you will need to enter the discussion forum more than once in order to read and respond to others' postings.
Submitting your work
- Enter the "Big Bang" discussion forum in ANGEL.
- Post your ideas about teaching the topic of the Big Bang.
- Read postings by other ASTRO 801 students.
- Respond to at least one other posting by asking for clarification, asking a follow-up question, expanding on what has already been said, etc.
You will be graded on the quality of your participation. See the grading rubric for specifics on how this assignment will be graded.
Activity 3 - Lab
During this week, you should complete the work you began on lab 3 last week.
Reminder - Complete all of the lesson tasks!
You have finished the reading for Lesson 10. Double-check the list of requirements on the Lesson 10 Overview page to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there before beginning the next lesson.