- Return to the Amazing Space Hubble Deep Field Academy, and begin from where you left off in Lab 3, Part 1 (you had just completed "Cosmic Classifier").
- Choose "Distance Wizard" (Activity 3) and begin the online activity for this topic.
- In the lab report document you began in Part 1, record your answers to the following Hubble Academy Log Level 3 questions taken from the Full HAL document:
- Question 1 in Part I ("Estimate distances...")
- Question 1 in Part II ("Distance: The reality check")
- When you have completed the "Distance Wizard," return to the Amazing Space Hubble Deep Field Academy and begin the final section of the Academy, "Deep Field Observer" (Activity 4).
- In your lab report document, record your answers to the following Hubble Academy Log Level 4 and the Hubble Academy Final Challenge questions:
- Review Questions 2, 5, and 6.
- Final Challenge Questions 1, 2, and 3.
- You should now have recorded your answers for all four of the Hubble Deep Field Academy Activities in your lab report document. Write a brief summary of your work. In your summary, include the following:
- Your answers to all of the questions listed in the steps above and in Lab 3, Part 1.
- A brief (paragraph or so) discussion of the lab and how well you think it illustrates some of the concepts we studied in Lessons 8 through 10. In particular, please comment on your view of this lab: Do you believe it is suitable for use in your classroom in its present form or with some adaptation?
- Save your work (that is, all of your answers and your summary) AS A SINGLE DOCUMENT in either a Microsoft Word or PDF file in the following format:
Lab3_AccessAccountID_LastName.doc (or .pdf)
For example, student Elvis Aaron Presley's file would be named "Lab3 _eap1_presley.doc" - This naming convention is important, as it will help me make sure I match each submission with the right student!
Submit your work
Please submit your work to the Lab 3 dropbox in ANGEL by the due date indicated on our ANGEL calendar.
See the grading rubric for specifics on how this assignment will be graded.