What do you think? Are we alone? This is a fundamental question that everyone considers at some point. Now, we can say that we do know that other planets are prevalent in the Milky Way Galaxy and, given that result, perhaps it is likely that life is, too.
Activity 1 - Lesson 12 Quiz
First, please take the Web-based Lesson 12 quiz.
- Go to ANGEL (using the link in the Resources menu).
- Click on the Lessons tab.
- Enter the "Quizzes and Surveys" folder.
- Click on the link to the "Lesson 12 Quiz" and complete the quiz.
Activity 2 - Discussion
For this activity, I want you to reflect on what we've covered in this lesson and to discuss the threat related to Near Earth Objects. Since this is a discussion activity, you will need to enter the discussion forum more than once in order to read and respond to others' postings.
Submitting your work
- Enter the "NEOs" discussion forum in ANGEL.
- Respond to the questions I have posted about NEOs.
- Read postings by other ASTRO 801 students.
- Respond to at least one other posting by asking for clarification, asking a follow-up question, expanding on what has already been said, etc.
You will be graded on the quality of your participation. See the grading rubric for specifics on how this assignment will be graded.
Reminder - Complete all of the lesson tasks!
You have finished the reading for Lesson 12. Double-check the list of requirements on the Lesson 12 Overview page to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there before beginning the next lesson.
Tell us about it!
If there is anything you'd like to comment on, or add to, the lesson materials, feel free to post your thoughts below. For example, what did you have the most trouble with in this lesson? Was there anything useful here that you'd like to try in your own classroom?