We are now nearing the edge of the observable Universe. From our start, considering the sky seen from Earth, we have progressed through the Milky Way, to the local galaxy neighborhood, and have seen some of the most distant galaxies astronomers have detected. You now have been introduced to almost every type of object astronomers have identified. The next goal is to try to explain where it all came from, and what may be its fate.
Activity 1 - Lesson 9 Quiz
First, please take the Web-based Lesson 9 quiz.
- Go to ANGEL (using the link in the Resources menu).
- Click on the Lessons tab.
- Enter the "Quizzes and Surveys" folder.
- Click on the link to the "Lesson 9 Quiz" and complete the quiz.
Activity 2 - Lab 3
During this week, you should begin work on the lab exercise that will be completed and submitted by the end of Unit 3.
- In the Course Outline box underneath Lesson 9, click on "Lab 3 Part 1."
- Follow the instructions to study the Hubble Deep Field.
Reminder - Complete all of the lesson tasks!
You have finished the reading for Lesson 9. Double-check the list of requirements on the Lesson 9 Overview page to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there before beginning the next lesson.
Tell us about it!
If there is anything you'd like to comment on, or add to, the lesson materials, feel free to post your thoughts below. For example, what did you have the most trouble with in this lesson? Was there anything useful here that you'd like to try in your own classroom?