Below are some resources related to the galaxies beyond the Milky Way:
- Hubblesite has an online exploration called "Galaxies Galore."
- The Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope has produced an "Active Galaxy Education Unit."
- The Galaxy Evolution Explorer (that is, GALEX) has a few activities for teachers.
- You and your students can contribute to a project to classify galaxies from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey with Galaxy Zoo. This has been incorporated into a newer resource from the SDSS team called Voyages, and there is a Voyages activity on galaxy shapes.
- Phil Plait's Crash Course Astronomy has "Galaxies, Part 1" and "Galaxies, Part 2".
Tell us about it!
Have another website or printed piece on this topic that you have found useful? Share it in our Comment space below!