Course Management System
How this course organizes content, inside and outside ANGEL
Penn State uses an online course management system called ANGEL to deliver most of its online courses to registered students. (For more information about ANGEL, visit http://angellearning.com/). This page describes how each function often handled in ANGEL is handled in this course.
- Syllabus - The course syllabus is in this site, here, not in ANGEL.
- Calendar - This is the official record of assignment due dates. Use the ANGEL calendar if you have any doubt about which day a particular assignment is due.
- Lessons - Under the Lessons tab in ANGEL you will find a link back to this course website (which contains a to do list for the week, commentary, activities, etc.) as well as quizzes and drop boxes. Most of the lesson content is accessible from this web site. There is a separate link for each lesson of study. When you are ready to begin a lesson, simply click on the course web site link. Once you are in the course web site, you will be directed to either go through the course content and/or to complete certain tasks. Each top level link will correspond with a specific lesson. A few lessons have links to ANGEL for dropboxes or quizzes.
- Resources - Please use the resources links in this site, not the ANGEL ones.
- Communicate -
- Course mail: We will be using ANGEL e-mail in this course.
- Discussion forums: For technical questions and questions about assignment due dates, etc. we will use ANGEL forums. For the weekly cloud computing discussions, we will post comments directly on the course website.
Please review our communications page for specifics.
- Report - Tools to help students and instructors keep track of students' progress in the course, including the gradebook. Project scores are manually uploaded by instructors.
For a more complete introduction to ANGEL please see the ANGEL Quick Guide for Students.
Need Help with ANGEL?
The Help link in the Resources menu at left provides links to help registered ANGEL users at Penn State.