Lesson 6 Activity
- In this activity, we will use an actual transportation rate document ("tariff") from the Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America to perform some pipeline rate calculations. Start by reviewing the Lesson Rate Calculation Example in the Canvas Modules under Lesson 6: Pricing Methodologies. Then, go to the Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America informational website. Click on "Informational Postings," then "Tariff." Under "Currently Effective Rates", click on "Rate Schedule FTS Peak". Then, go to Page 13. The first column shows the “RECEIPT ZONEs” and the following columns are “DELIVERY ZONEs”.
- Choose 5 pairs (5 receipt-delivery zones).
- Read the "Reservation" and "Commodity" rates for moving gas from receipt to delivery zone
- Calculate the daily rate per MMBtu:
For moving gas from the Midcontinent Region to the Market Region:
Reservation = $ 8.7700/month
Commodity = $ 0.0146
You can use the Transportation Rate Calculation Spreadsheet on Canvas to calculate the daily rate per MMBtu.
- Next, look for the "Gas Quality" standards in the same document (from part 1). List the following quality specifications.
- Oxygen (O2)
- H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide)
- Inert gases
- Btu value
An easy way to find this information is searching for the keywords.
This activity, due at 11:59 pm on Sunday is worth up to 20 points on the EBF 301 grading scale. Question 1 is worth 13 points and Question 2 is worth 7 points. Please show the calculations in part 1.
The Fundamental Factors activity is due as usual this week, at 11:59 pm on Sunday, and is worth 30 points on the EBF 301 grading scale. Please refer to the Fundamental Factors Instructions for additional information and grading rubric.
Return to Canvas to complete the L6 Quiz.
Submitting Your Work
Rate Calculation Activity: Submit your answers in a spreadsheet file via the Rate Calculation Activity in Canvas.
Fundamental Factors: Submit your work as a single Word document to the Lesson 7 Fundamental Factors Activity in Canvas.
Quiz: Take the quiz in Canvas