Here’s where you will introduce your lesson. What will we learn, how does it connect with what we may have already covered, what can you expect content-wise?
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Describe why electricity markets are particularly susceptible to the exercise of market power by generation firms.
- Define the Herfindahl Hirschman Index, Lerner Index, and a Pivotal Supplier.
- Calculate the Herfindahl Hirschman Index for an electricity market.
- Determine whether pivotal suppliers are present in a given electricity market at a given time.
- Solve for the Lerner Index in an electricity market using the Cournot model of competition.
|To Read||Online course material||This course website|
|To Do||Homework Assignment 11||Submission in Canvas|
If you have questions, please feel free to post them to the General Questions and Discussion forum in Canvas. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help a classmate.