Find The Group you are in, and submit your Particpation in Canvas
Each student will be in 1 of the 5 groups. Each group will have a unique participation assignment for each lesson. You will be individually assigned one of the 5 participation assignments. The assignment will be in your Lesson Module in Canvas.As a group you will only need to interact on one type of participation assignment - the Discussion board. All other assignments will be individual submissions. The other types of assignments are Paragraph Elevator Pitch, Outline an Elevator Pitch, Visual Story, and Oil in the News.
These participation assignments will be consistent on asking you to express your personal opinion. This needs to be in first person writing. Examples such as - In my opinion….. I have come to the conclusion that…..If you have any questions or need any clarification please email Karen or Ask on the weekly announcement.
The list of the prompts for Lesson 1 particpation are listed in the individual assignments in Canvas.
Basic Assignment Submission Instructions
Later on, you will find that these will be helpful pieces to use to study for quizzes and exams.
- Select one of the prompts in Your assignment in Canvas to respond to.
- When you are ready, log in to Canvas.
- Click on the Module tab.
- Scroll down to Lesson 1.
- Open the Lesson 1 Participation
- Provide the prompt you selected in the submission.
- Type or paste your text into the dropbox Message window (attachments have been disabled) for the Elevator Pitch Paragraph, Elevator Pitch Outline, and Oil in the News. For Visual Story you will need to upload a pdf submission, for the Discussion you will need to post in the specific discussion board. You are encouraged to keep a copy of each submission as technological difficulties happen.
- Click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the window.
You will be graded on the quality of your participation. See the grading rubric in Canvas for specific details that will be used to help differentiate between unsatisfactory, satisfactory, and excellent contributions.