In this lesson, you learned about general types of nonmarket strategy and specific strategies for activities in non-government arenas (private politics). The case study continued from the previous lessons, and concluded here developed a nonmarket strategy based on the outcomes of the nonmarket analysis. The case study introduced new concepts related to non-profit organizations and their role in the nonmarket arena.
- the motivations behind private politics;
- four ways that private politics affects the issues, interests, institutions, and information that comprise the nonmarket environment;
- a range of specific strategies for nonmarket action in non-government arenas;
- a three-step strategy for evaluating nonmarket strategy alternatives;
- seven "tests" for evaluating alternatives and ethical decision-making;
- the ISO's seven core subjects for Social Responsibility;
- how to make a recommendation for nonmarket strategic action based on the outcomes of a nonmarket analysis;
- the roles and limitations of organizations classified by the IRS as section 501(c) nonprofits.
Have you completed everything?
You have reached the end of Lesson 3! Double-check the list of requirements on the first page of this lesson to make sure you have completed all the activities listed there.