Overview of Lesson 8
With this lesson, we continue our survey of energy industries based on energy sources. In this lesson, we will review the natural gas industry--including exploration and extraction, transportation, resource estimates, demand, usage, and externalities.
What will we learn?
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to...
- describe sources of renewable energy, in the USA and worldwide;
- quantify biomass and hydropower energy sources, in the USA and worldwide;
- explain biomass conversion processes, including feedstocks and products of each;
- discuss biomass logistics and identify major operations;
- explain in detail major factors related to bioenergy economic, social, and environmental sustainability;
- present and consume electricity data using appropriate and correct units of measure;
- reflect on worldwide trends and projections for electricity generation from renewable sources;
- describe major types and components of hydropower plants;
- apply major factors related to hydropower economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
What is due for Lesson 8?
The table below provides an overview of the requirements for Lesson 8. For details, please see individual assignments.
Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
|Read Lesson 8 content and any additional assigned material||Not submitted.|
|Weekly Activity 8||Yes—Complete Activity located in the Modules Tab in Canvas.|
|Case Study--work with others on your Team to prepare Case Study, following course guidelines||Check Canvas calendar for all Case Study Due Dates.|