Overview of Lesson 10
With this lesson, we will explore the energy landscape of Europe, including policies and programs, energy sources and consumption, and the challenge to create an infrastructure supporting an internal EU energy market.
What will we learn?
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to...
- identify all countries in Europe and those that are and are not members of the European Union;
- describe the history of the European Union and explain its institutions;
- explain how the EU makes decisions;
- list and and describe the operation of key EU policies and programs related to energy and the environment, including the Treaty of Lisbon, EU ETS, "20-20-20" and the SET-Plan;
- quantify and describe energy supply and demand across Europe, including electricity generation and strategic priorities for future investment and development;
- describe opportunities and challenges of using infrastructure developments to enable a single internal EU energy market;
- research energy markets of individual European countries.
What is due for Lesson 10?
The table below provides an overview of the requirements for Lesson 10. For details, please see individual assignments.
Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates.
|REQUIREMENT||SUBMITTING YOUR WORK|
|Read Lesson 10 content and any additional assigned material||Not submitted.|
|Weekly Activity 10||Yes—Complete Activity located in the Modules Tab in Canvas.|
|Case Study--participate in Case Study Q & A as described in Case Study guidelines.||Check Canvas calendar for all Case Study Due Dates.|