1. Would you support or oppose the Environmental Protection Agency adjusting the social cost of carbon downward by using an increased discount rate and only considering domestic (U.S.) impacts of climate change
- New EPA document reveals sharply lower estimate of the cost of climate change
(Washington Post, October 2017)
- GAO to look into Trump's reduction of carbon social costs
(The Hill, June 2018)
- Should the Social Cost of Carbon Be Higher?
(Scientific American, November 2017)
2. Would you support or oppose a national revenue-neutral carbon tax, as proposed by the Climate Leadership Council?
- The Four Pillars of our Carbon Dividends Plan
(Climate Leadership Council, accessed August 2018. I suggest looking around their website.)
- Corporate Giants Favor New Carbon Tax
(Triple Pundit, June 2017)
- The Climate Leadership Council's Devious Plan To Distract American Carbon Consumers
(Forbes, June 2017)
3. Would you support or oppose the Environmental Protection Agency reducing the corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) standard to 35 miles per gallon and taking away California’s authority to set its own emissions standards?
- Final Rule for Model Year 2017 and Later Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards
(U.S. EPA, last accessed August 2018)
- EPA reportedly will block increase in fuel efficiency standards for autos, revoke California's authority over tailpipe emissions
(CNBC, July 2018)
- CAFE Standards
(CATO Institute, August 2018)
- E.P.A. Prepares to Roll Back Rules Requiring Cars to Be Cleaner and More Efficient
(CNN, July 2017)
4. Would you support or oppose Congressional action to repeal the Renewable Fuel Standard?
- Overview for Renewable Fuel Standard
(The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, last accessed August 2018)
- President Trump Rejects Changes to Renewable Fuel Standard
(Illinois University Farm Policy News, June 2018)
- Time to rethink the Renewable Fuel Standard
(The Hill, February 2018)
5. Would you support or oppose allowing the building of the Jordan Cove Energy Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) export project in Oregon?
- What a West Coast gas terminal could mean for the Rockies
(Marketplace, August 2017)
- Jordan Cove Energy Project
(Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, last accessed August 2018)
- Portland Business Alliance steps into Jordan Cove LNG fight
(Portland Business Journal, February 2018)
- TRUMP ADMINISTRATION PUSHES JORDAN COVE ENERGY PROJECT
(Sightline, July 2018)
6. Would you support or oppose Congressional action to repeal the Trump Administration’s solar tariffs?
- New Bipartisan Legislation Would Repeal Trump’s Solar Tariffs
(Greentech Media, April 2018)
- Trump’s Solar Tariffs Cause a Scramble in the Industry
(New York Times, May 2018)
- Trump's Solar Tariffs Go Into Effect Today. So What?
(Forbes, February 2018)