Quick Facts about EME 802
- Instructor: Dr. Sarma Pisupati
- Course Structure: Online, ~1 lesson/week (10 total) with breaks for exams and project work
The Renewable and Sustainable Energy Systems course provides a graduate level understanding of the conversion principles and technology behind various renewable energy sources. It also examines the issues involved in the integration of various renewable sources and their economics for heat, power, and transportation needs. Based on the technical and sustainability challenges, the future outlook for each of the sources and systems is discussed.
Students who successfully complete this course will be prepared to:
- discuss the principles of operation of the broad spectrum of renewable energy technologies;
- conduct preliminary resource assessments for a variety of renewable energy technologies;
- analyze energy technologies from a systems perspective;
- articulate the technical challenges for each of the renewable sources; and
- discuss economic, technical, and sustainability issues involved in the integration of renewable energy systems.