Now that you've had a chance to learn about the course and the online learning environment, I'd like to get to know you and help you get to know each other! Please complete the following activities below:
Activity 1: Complete the course survey
This brief activity (which will take only 10 min) will allow me to learn a little bit about your background, experience, and level of comfort with online environment. This course is relatively new, so knowing my audience would help me adjust things accordingly. I appreciate your participation in this survey!
- Go to Canvas
- Click on Modules tab
- Under Course Orientation Activities, click on the "EME 812 Course Survey" link
Activity 2: Please introduce yourself and meet the rest of the class
We will use a discussion forum in Canvas to post and read self-introductions. To access the discussion forum:
- Go to Canvas.
- Click on the Modules tab.
- Under Course Orientation Activities, click on the "Course Orientation - Personal Introductions" link
- Post a new message containing your personal introduction:
Who are you? Where are you located? What do you do professionally? What are your interests? Anything else you want to share?
- View other students' postings and greet them!