As noted in the Orientation, you will be using a personal blog for your journal. For a review of these activities, see the syllabus. This week, you will create your blog and submit a sample journal entry.
Submitting your blog assignment in Canvas
For help creating your blog, go here. Once you set up your blog, make me an editor. This is necessary so I can make comments on your blog posts. Making me an editor is part of your first blog post grade. The first blog post will count as one of your Journal grades.
To make me an editor:
- Create your blog.
- Go to "+New" at the top of the page, and click on "User."
- My PSU email is firstname.lastname@example.org - enter that in the box next to "Email"
- Make sure you set me as "Editor" by clicking on the button next to "Role."
- Click "Add Existing User."
- If you see "djk167" listed as an editor, you did it correctly.
Make a blog post:
- Go to "New" at the top of the blog, then click "post."
- Enter the title (make it descriptive).
- Type your post in the area below. Anything will do for this first post.
- On the right-hand side, you'll see a "Publish" tab. You can set the Visibility to "private" if you don't want anyone but you and me to see it. Otherwise, anyone that finds your blog can see it. You can change this setting at any time.
Your initial post must have the following elements for full credit:
- Descriptive title of your post (e.g. "First Blog Post for EM SC 240").
- Write something on your blog post. A good quote, joke, or cartoon would be nice. Keep it clean!
- Make sure you make me an editor of the blog!
Once you've made your post, let me know by making a submission to Canvas. This is how you will submit all journal/blog posts, so it is important that you understand how to do it! You need to submit your blog through Canvas in order to receive a grade.
- Go to Canvas.
- Click on the Modules tab in the menu.
- Scroll to Lesson 1.
- Click on the Create your PSU sites blog! assignment.
- Read through the instructions, and take a look at the rubric at the bottom.
- Click on "Submit Assignment"
- Copy the full URL (web address) of your blog post and paste it into the box to the right of "Website URL:" Feel free to write a comment in the comment box
- Click "Submit Assignment."
That's it! You are now officially a blogger. You will be using this throughout the semester. Note that I will grade your blog posts using a rubric, but will comment on your post in the comments section of the blog.