Did this week's materials make you want to go on an African safari, or to avoid doing so at all costs? Can't wait to read your thoughts! Here are your assignments:
Keep in mind the objectives for this week:
- Interpret and critique global trends in protected area management.
- Compare the social, ecological, and economic impacts of "fortress conservation" with newer conservation strategies.
- Analyze the impacts of community-based conservation efforts on wildlife populations and local communities.
- Discuss the impacts of counter-poaching efforts on the lives of humans and wildlife who live and work in protected areas.
- Suggest ways to improve projects that seek to integrate environmental conservation and poverty alleviation.
(Note that there is a major assignment due on Tuesday, and that other deadlines for the week have shifted slightly as a result)
- Week 10 Quiz by Wednesday at 11:59 pm Eastern.
- Weekly Questions & Reactions by Wednesday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Respond to your classmates' Q&R posts by Friday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Post your Final Essay Component: Outline of Final Essay due by Tuesday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Refer to the Final Project Information page in Lesson 3 for more information about this week's deliverable.
- Peer review at least two outlines of your fellow classmates by Thursday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- After the Tuesday night deadline, return to the Final Essay Component: Outline assignment in the lesson 10 module and click on the Peer Review link to access the submissions for which you will be providing feedback.
All assignments will be submitted in Canvas, check the calendar in Canvas for specific due dates.