This week we have learned about the transformations currently underway around the globe as a result of human-induced climate change, and about the future risks to humans and their environment. We have also learned about some possible ways forward to a more just and sustainable future.
Keep in mind the objectives for this week:
- Explain the human causes of global climate change and describe the resulting environmental changes.
- Explain the social impacts of climate change and describe how geography and economic inequality shape the vulnerability of different populations.
- Discuss several possible adaptation strategies including who will experience the costs and benefits.
- Analyze the drawbacks and benefits of a biodiverse "carbon democracy" as a climate change mitigation and adaptation strategy.
- Take Week 11 Quiz by Tuesday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Submit your weekly Questions and Reactions by Tuesday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Respond to your classmates' Q&R posts by Thursday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Continue to make progress on your final paper.
All assignments will be submitted in Canvas, check the calendar in Canvas for specific due dates.