Materials for Week 1:
- Carefully read the Course SYLLABUS on the course website and on Canvas.
- Carefully read the ORIENTATION section on the course website.
- Carefully read the Week 1 sections on the course website.
- Read Chapter 1 of Moseley, W. G., Perramond, E., Hapke, H. M., & Laris, P. (2014). An introduction to human-environment geography: local dynamics and global processes. John Wiley & Sons.
In the SYLLABUS, ORIENTATION, and on the following pages you will find important information about the course structure, requirements, scheduling, and technical requirements and assistance — all of which you'll need to know in order to pass the course.
You are also responsible for knowing this information and not knowing it could easily CAUSE YOU TO LOSE VALUABLE MARKS.
Assignments Due in Week 1:
- Take the Week 1 Quiz (by Friday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time).
- Post your Introduction in the Getting to Know You Forum.
Please see the calendar in Canvas for specific due dates.
Week 1 Objectives:
At the end of this week:
- Students will understand the course policies, course structure, different types of assignments, and their contribution to final grades.
- Students will introduce themselves to the class and read the Bios of the teaching team.
If, AFTER YOU HAVE READ THE WEEK 1 MATERIAL AND SYLLABUS, you have any questions, please post them to our General Course Questions discussion forum (not e-mail), located under the Modules tab in Canvas. I will check that discussion forum regularly to respond. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help out a classmate.