This week, we've learned about resource abundance can be a blessing and a curse depending up where you reside in the world and result in conflicts between citizens and larger entities (i.e. governments or corporations) over how these resources should be managed and/or used.
Tasks for this week:
- Read the Course Content (Week 3) section on the course website.
- Reading: Ostrom, E. (2009). A General Framework for Analyzing the Sustainability of Social-Ecological Systems. Science, 325(5939): 419–22.
- Reading: Watts, M. (2004). Resource curse? Governmentality, oil and power in the Niger Delta, Nigeria. Geopolitics, 9(1), 50-80.
- Film: Ramsdell, M. (2015). When Elephants Fight
- Take the Week 3 Quiz in Canvas by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Post your Week 3 Discussion and Activity assignment on Canvas by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Please check the calendar in Canvas for specific due dates.