This week we have learnt about....
Tasks for this week:
- Read the Course Content (Week 8) section on the course website.
- Reading: Bakker, K. (1999). The politics of hydropower: developing the Mekong. Political Geography, 18, 209–232.
- Reading: Green, W. N., & Baird, I. G. (2016). Capitalizing on Compensation: Hydropower Resettlement and the Commodification and Decommodification of Nature–Society Relations in Southern Laos. Annals of the American Association of Geographers, 106(4), 853–873.
- Reading: Ziv, G., Baran, E., Nam, S., Rodríguez-Iturbe, I., & Levin, S. A. (2012). Trading-off fish biodiversity, food security, and hydropower in the Mekong River Basin. PNAS, 109(15), 5609–5614.
- Film: Zenovich, M. (Producer/Director). (2017). Water and Power: A California Heist [Documentary]. United States: Jigsaw Productions.
- Film: Salina, I. (Director), with Starr, S., Holland G. and Tomlinson, Y. (Producers). (2008) Flow: For love of Water, United States; Oscilloscope Laboratories.
- Take the Week 8 Quiz (covering this week's materials) by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Complete Week 8 Activity and Discussion in Canvas by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Midterm Exam #2
Following the completion of this week's material you will have Midterm Exam #2. The midterm Exams are 48 hour, take-home exams in an essay format. You should review all of the course material to date to be ready to draw on it for your Midterm Exams. Please watch Canvas carefully for the prompt, instructions, rubric, and exact dates.