This week we have learnt about Energy Geographies, with a focus on the ways energy scarcity is created and manipulated and an examination of some of the complications with renewable energies .
To wrap up, please take the time to find out which company supplies your energy and how they source it.
Tasks for this week:
- Read the Course Content (Week 7) section on the course website.
- Reading: Huber, M.T. (2011) Enforcing scarcity: oil, violence, and the making of the market. Ann Assoc Am Geogr 101(4):816–826.
- Reading: Baka, J. (2016). Making space for energy: Wasteland development, enclosures, and energy dispossessions. Antipode doi: 10.1111/anti.12219.
- Take the Week 7 Quiz (covering this week's materials) by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Complete Week 7 Activity and Discussion in Canvas by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.