This week, we have learnt about Energy Geographies, with a focus on the ways energy scarcity is created and manipulated and an examination of some of the complications with renewable energies.
To wrap up, please take the time to find out which company supplies your energy and how they source it.
Tasks for this week:
- Read the Course Content (Week 7) section on the course website.
- Reading: Huber, M.T. (2011) Enforcing scarcity: oil, violence, and the making of the market. Ann Assoc Am Geogr 101(4):816–826.
- Reading: Baka, J. (2016). Making space for energy: Wasteland development, enclosures, and energy dispossessions. Antipode doi: 10.1111/anti.12219.
- Take the Week 7 Quiz (covering this week's materials) by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Complete Week 7 Activity and Discussion in Canvas by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.