Businesses across the country are adopting internal energy and environmental policies to govern their procedures and practices and to promote themselves as socially responsible in an increasingly environmentally conscious society. Often the adoption of these policies is driven also by economics. Saving energy and cutting consumption costs aren't just good for the environment, they're good for the bottom line.
Below are the links to the energy policies of some very different companies. Read through all the information they offer on their websites. Think about how (or whether) these guidelines and policies influence their operations.
- Google Environmental Report
- Subaru Loves the Earth
- Lego Environmental Leadership
- Molson Coors Sustainability Overview
- 3M's Corporate Energy Policy
- Bank of America's Environmental Policies (including their Coal Policy)
- Exxon Environmental Performance
- Samsung Sustainability Approach
And here is the Forbes list of the 20 most sustainable companies for 2017.