In this week's reading assignment, you will be reading the summary for policymakers presented by the IPCC Working Group III in 2014. Working Group III explicilty tackles all the issues swirling around the topic of mitigation: greenhouse gas emissions, mitigation potential, policy, and much more. This summary gives you an overview of these topics.
- IPCC, 2014: Summary for Policymakers. In: Climate Change 2014: Mitigation. Contribution of Working Group III to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [Edenhofer, O., R. Pichs-Madruga, Y. Sokona, E. Farahani, S. Kadner, K. Seyboth, A. Adler, I. Baum, S. Brunner, P. Eickemeier, B. Kriemann, J. Savolainen, S. Schlömer, C. von Stechow, T. Zwickel and J.C. Minx (eds)], Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA.
Points to Consider While Reading
- trends in greenhouse gas emissions
- key mitigation technologies and practices for the short and long term
- advantages and disadvantages of the many potential policies, measures, and instruments to mitigate climate change
- synergies between climate change mitigation and other sustainable development pathways