What will we learn?
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- understand the UN's sustainable development goals and the historical context under which they emerged;
- consider the relative merits and drawbacks of different economic models;
- articulate various definitions of 'development';
- find possible problematic aspects to the UN's sustainable development goals and the concept of sustainable development more broadly.
What is due for this Lesson?
This lesson will take us one week to complete. Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates. Specific directions for the assignments below can be found within this lesson.
Complete the following steps to complete Lesson 9:
- Work through the lesson content on this website.
- Read the required reading assignments.
- Take the Lesson 9 content quiz.
- Write your Write to Learn response.
If you have questions, please feel free to post them to the Ask a Question about the Lesson forum. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help a classmate.