Lesson 7 Project
Zip Archive of Three Personal Databases and Two Images
Compile and compress everything into a zip archive called <yourLastName>_<yourFirstInitial_L7.zip
- From Part II:
- the fl_ga, fl_gaPlaces, buffer_of_fl_gaPlaces and pirateRadioPlaces feature classes in your eightymilebuf.mdb geodatabase
- From Part III:
- the buffer_ed, buffer_ea and buffer_utm feature classes in your eightymilebuf.mdb geodatabase.
- area figures for the buffer_ed, buffer_ea and buffer_utm feature classes
- percent difference between the Spherical Cap figure I provided and your area calculations
- comments on map projection, map scale, and area, i.e. Are there differences in the area of the different projection? Which projection should be used to assess area? Would the differences between these projections be increased (or decreased) on a larger scale map (a smaller area) or on a smaller scale map (a larger area)?
These comments can be in a .txt file or Word document.
- From Part IV:
- the puerto_rico.mdb geodatabase with the two PR feature classes
- two screen captures of the Puerto Rico datum shift. One from before the datum shift and one after.
- comments on how errors between datums (i.e. geographic coordinate systems) affect maps differently depending on the map scale (as compared to distortion differences from map projections).
- From Part V:
- the oregon.mdb (with four feature classes),
- a comparison of the two summed area calculations you calculated with values I provided, including percentage differences, and your assessment of the two datasets.
- the rationale behind map projection choice for assessing areas
Again, the latter two items can be in a .txt file or Word document.
When complete with this lesson, compress all files into an archive named <yourLastName>_<yourFirstInitial>_L7.zip (using your name) and submit it via the Lesson 7 Assignment in Canvas.*
*This is one of the few assignments submitted to Canvas.
Reminder - Complete all of the Lesson 7 tasks!
You have reached the end of Lesson 7! Double-check the to-do list on the Lesson 7 Overview page to make sure you have completed all of the tasks listed there before you begin Lesson 8.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them to the Lesson 7 Discussion Forum.