Most of the lessons are organized into the sections below. The only exceptions are Lesson 1 and the Final Project.
- Overview: Quick summary of the lesson.
- Checklist: A checklist of the required steps to complete the lesson.
- Background Information: An overview of the main environmental concepts, geospatial concepts, and information about the study area.
- Required Readings: Description and links to required reading material.
- Lesson Data: Description of all datasets used in the lesson.
- Step-by-Step Activities: Specific instructions on how to complete lesson objectives using ArcGIS and other programs.
- Advanced Activities: Activities designed to make you apply the skills you learned in each lesson and explore additional resources related to lesson topics. You must complete the advanced activity to earn full credit for each lesson.
- Summary and Deliverables: A summary of lesson concepts and a list of required deliverables such as maps, quizzes, and interpretation of analyses.
- Additional Resources: Links to resources such as other readings, websites, and videos related to the lesson concepts.