This course web site is presented in an open source content management system called Drupal (for information about Drupal, visit http://drupal.org/). One advantage to presenting the text in Drupal is that we can enable registered students to comment and ask questions directly on text pages. Another advantage is that Drupal allows us to publish the text openly, for the benefit of anyone who has access to the Internet, regardless of their ability to pay tuition or buy an expensive printed textbook (this is applicable to certain courses in our program).
Anyone with a Web browser and Internet access can view this text without logging into this Drupal site. Only registered students can log in. To log in, click on the "Log In" link on the left sidebar. Log in with your Penn State Access ID and password.
- Orientation - familiarizes registered students with the learning environments used to conduct Penn State courses
- Course Home Page
- Program Home Page (links out to the Penn State Online Geospatial Education Web site for program information)
- Syllabus (lists out instructor information, course description, and an account of what is expected of each student)
- Instructor Information - contact and other information about your instructor
- ANGEL (links out to ANGEL)
- Library Resources - links out Penn State library resources specific to Geography
- Writing Style Guide - useful resource for writing
- Help (information on how to get help with various aspects of the course)
- Links to lessons
- When you click on a Lesson link, links to the pages that make up the lesson are revealed.
- Navigate between pages using "Next" and "Back" links OR select a page from the Course Outline menu.
- Each lesson includes an overview page, checklist page, multiple content pages, and a summary.
- Note the "printer-friendly" buttons for each page or each entire chapter located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- The printer-friendly versions compile pages or lessons into a single HTML document. You can access this at any time by clicking on one of the two options in the upper right corner of each text page.