What will we learn?
By the end of Lesson 8, you should be able to:
- list the different devices which are used to collect traffic count data;
- describe some of the primary uses of traffic count data;
- use a roadway video log system to monitor roadway assets;
- describe some of the work being done by Volpe, The National Transportation Systems Center;
- discuss some of the congestion pricing strategies that have been implemented around the world and list some of the outcomes which have been observed.
Lesson 8 will take 1 week to complete. Please refer to Canvas for specific timeframes, submission instructions, and due dates.
To finish this lesson, you must complete the assignments listed below. The details for each assignment are provided in the referenced section and in Canvas.
|Assignment No.||Assignment Description||Section||Grade Component / Points|
|8-1||Complete a few exercises using crash data, traffic data, and Video Log.||8.1||Lesson Topic / 20|
|8-2||Conduct a service area network analysis using traffic data.||8.1||Lesson Topic / 15|
|8-3||Explore Volpe and address some specific questions.||8.2||Transportation Organizations / 15|
|8-4||Participate in this week’s webinar and submit a summary of what you learned from the 1st speaker.||8.3||Guest Webinar / 15|
|8-5||Participate in this week’s webinar and submit a summary of what you learned from the 2nd speaker.||8.4||Guest Webinar / 15|
|8-6||Review the background material for next week’s webinar and respond to some questions.||8.5||Guest Webinar / 10|