What will we learn?
By the end of Lesson 9, you should be able to:
- describe the nature of DRT services and the primary populations they are intended to serve;
- list some of the technologies providers use to help them manage DRT services;
- characterize the most common types of DRT fare structures;
- discuss some of the characteristics of fixed route transit and explain the structure and function of GTFS data;
- describe some of the functions and accomplishments of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA);
- share something you learned about one of your classmates and/or some ideas you discussed with a classmate about the content of this week’s lesson.
Lesson 9 will take 1 week to complete. Please refer to Canvas for specific timeframes, submission instructions, and due dates.
To finish this lesson, you must complete the assignments listed below. The details for each assignment are provided in the referenced section and in Canvas.
|Assignment No.||Assignment Description||Section||Grade Component / Points|
|9-1||Calculate the revenue implications of basing a DRT fare structure on shortest vs. fastest routes.||9.1||Lesson Topic / 20|
|9-2||Examine a set of trips and determine which are eligible for ADA complementary paratransit.||9.1||Lesson Topic / 15|
|9-3||Explore FTA and address some specific questions.||9.2||Transportation Organizations / 15|
|9-4||Participate in a one-on-one video conference with a classmate and submit a summary of the conversation.||9.3||Class Participation / 15|
|9-5||Participate in this week’s webinar and submit a summary of what you learned.||9.4||Guest Webinar / 15|
|9-6||Review the background material for next week’s 1st speaker and respond to some questions.||9.5||Guest Webinar / 10|
|9-7||Review the background material for next week’s 2nd speaker and respond to some questions.||9.5||Guest Webinar / 10|