What will we learn?
By the end of Lesson 9, you should be able to:
- describe the nature of DRT services and the primary populations they are intended to serve;
- list some of the technologies providers use to help them manage DRT services;
- characterize the most common types of DRT fare structures;
- use Network Analyst’s vehicle routing solver to identify the best way to service a group of DRT trips with a set of vehicles;
- describe the types of activities in which the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) is engaged;
- share something you learned about one of your classmates and /or some ideas you discussed with a classmate about the content of this week’s lesson.
Lesson 9 will take 1 week to complete. Please refer to Canvas for specific timeframes, submission instructions, and due dates.
To finish this lesson, you must complete the assignments listed below. The details for each assignment are provided in the referenced section and in Canvas.
|Assignment No.||Assignment Description||Section||Grade Component / Points|
|9-1||Conduct an exercise using Network Analyst’s vehicle routing problem solver.||9.1||Lesson Topic / 20|
|9-2||Calculate the revenue implications of basing a DRT fare structure on shortest vs. fastest routes.||9.1||Lesson Topic / 15|
|9-3||Explore CUTR and address some specific questions.||9.2||Transportation Organizations / 15|
|9-4||Participate in a one-on-one video conference with a classmate (or myself) and submit a summary of the conversation.||9.3||Class Participation / 15|
|9-5||Participate in this week’s webinar and submit a summary of what you learned.||9.4||Guest Webinar / 15|
|9-6||Review the background material for next week’s webinar and respond to some questions.||9.5||Guest Webinar / 10|
|9-7||Submit 3 - 5 questions for next week’s speaker.||9.5||Guest Webinar / 5|