What will we learn?
By the end of Lesson 2, you should be able to:
- compare and contrast different sources of roadway data which are available;
- compare the ways Google and OSM enlist the help of volunteers to improve their roadway data;
- describe the characteristics of the TIGER/Line shapefiles and OSM data;
- discuss the use of Census data for transportation planning;
- explain the purpose of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) and describe how it impacts transportation projects;
- list some details about your classmates based on your review of their video autobiographies.