What will we learn?
By the end of Lesson 10, you should be able to:
- construct and use a multimodal network dataset;
- discuss efforts to improve the walkability and bikeability of communities;
- list some ways GIS is being leveraged in aviation and maritime;
- describe some important transportation initiatives being advanced in Europe;
- talk about the operational considerations associated with running a transit agency and describe some of the ways they leverage GIS to manage operations and improve customer service.
Lesson 10 will take 1 week to complete. Please refer to Canvas for specific timeframes, submission instructions, and due dates.
To finish this lesson, you must complete the assignments listed below. The details for each assignment are provided in the referenced section and in Canvas.
|Assignment No.||Assignment Description||Section||Grade Component / Points|
|10-1||Construct and use a multimodal network dataset and answer some questions on walkable communities.||10.1||Lesson Topic / 20|
|10-2||Discuss some ways GIS is being leveraged at airports and maritime ports.||10.1||Lesson Topic / 15|
|10-3||Explore the European Union.||10.2||Transportation Organizations / 15|
|10-4||Participate in this week’s 1st webinar and submit a summary of what you learned.||10.4||Guest Webinar / 15|
|10-5||Participate in this week’s 2nd webinar and submit a summary of what you learned.||10.4||Guest Webinar / 15|
|10-6||Assess the course components.||10.4||Guest Webinar / 25|