What will we learn?
By the end of Lesson 10, you should be able to:
- discuss the characteristics of fixed route bus services and define some key terms used to describe the service;
- list some of the technologies which are used to manage fixed route operations and improve customer service;
- describe the nature and purpose of GTFS data;
- describe some of the key functions of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA);
- share something you learned about one of your classmates and/or some ideas you discussed with a classmate about the content of this week’s lesson.
Lesson 10 will take 1 week to complete. Please refer to Canvas for specific timeframes, submission instructions, and due dates.
To finish this lesson, you must complete the assignments listed below. The details for each assignment are provided in the referenced section and in Canvas.
|Assignment No.||Assignment Description||Section||Grade Component / Points|
|10-1||Complete some exercises using TBEST.||10.1||Lesson Topic / 20|
|10-2||Evaluate a set of trip requests to determine their eligibility for ADA complementary paratransit services.||10.1||Lesson Topic / 15|
|10-3||Explore the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and address some specific questions.||10.2||Transportation Organizations / 15|
|10-4||Participate in a one-on-one video conference with a classmate (or myself) and submit a summary of the conversation.||10.3||Class Participation / 15|
|10-5||Participate in this week’s webinar and submit a summary of what you learned.||10.4||Guest Webinar / 15|
|10-6||Assess the course components.||10.5||Guest Webinar / 30|