This week’s speaker is Rodney Bunner. For details about Rodney’s current role and background, refer to the previous lesson.
Assignment 10-5 (15 points)
After attending the webinar, prepare a brief write-up (300 – 500 words) summarizing the session and submit it in M.S. Word format to Assignment 10-5 in Canvas. In your summary, address the following:
- What did you learn and/or find most interesting?
- What was unclear in the presentation/discussion?
|Followed Instructions||Excellent: Student carefully followed all instructions for the assignment.
|Satisfactory: Student's submission exhibited some minor deviations from the instructions for the assignment.
|Poor: Student's submission exhibited major deviations from the instructions for the assignment.
|Content Quality||Excellent: The student's submittal demonstrated that the student paid close attention during the webinar and carefully reflected on the key topics which were covered.
|Satisfactory: The student's submittal demonstrated that the student was somewhat attentive during the webinar and engaged in limited reflection on the key topics which were covered.
|Poor: The student's submittal provided little or no evidence that the student paid careful attention during the webinar or reflected on the topics which were covered.
|Writing Quality||Excellent: Student’s writing was organized, clear, and concise and was free from spelling and grammatical errors.
|Satisfactory: Student’s writing exhibited some deficiencies in the area of organization, clarity, and conciseness and/or contained a few spelling or grammatical errors.
|Poor: Student’s writing exhibited major deficiencies in the area of organization, clarity, and conciseness and/or contained many spelling or grammatical errors.
|Total Points: 15.0|
Assignment 10-6 (30 points)
Respond to the following questions about the course elements and submit your responses in the form of an M.S. Word document to Assignment 10-6 in Canvas:
- List the nine course webinars in the order in which you found them to be most valuable and interesting. (3 points)
- What did you like about the webinar format? (2 points)
- What suggestions would you offer to improve the format? (2 points)
- List some other areas in transportation / GIS-T which would you have liked to see covered by a webinar? (3 points)
- Participating in the webinars live required you to make yourself available at a specific time each week. This is not typical for online courses. Did you feel participating in the webinars live was worth giving up a little of the flexibility generally afforded by online courses? (2 points)
Hands On Activities
- In general what are you thoughts on the hands on activities you completed in the course? (2 points)
- Do you feel you have a reasonable understanding of Network Analyst? Is this of value to you? (2 points)
- Do you have thoughts on how this element of the course might be improved? (2 points)
- In general, what were your thoughts about this component of the course? (2 points)
- Will knowledge of the transportation organizations we covered be of benefit to you? (2 points)
- What suggestions would you offer to improve this component of the course? (2 points)
- When I created this element of the course I had expected the class size to be a bit bigger. Nonetheless, what are your general thoughts on this component of the course? (2 points)
- Was it of value to you in getting to know your classmates and instructor better than you would have otherwise? Is this something you value? (2 points)
- Did the discussions add to your understanding of the subject matter? (2 points)