||Read the lesson Overview and Checklist.
||You are in the Lesson 2 online content now. The Overview page is previous to this page, and you are on the Checklist page right now.
||Review the following:
||There are three different styles of reading that are referred to in the lessons:
- Scan: Do not deal with all of the content, but search through the material for a specific purpose or a specific word (or its synonym). Scanning is used for such purposes as finding the answer to a particular question.
- Skim: To skim, read a page by reading the headings and first sentences of each paragraph or section.
- Read: The purpose of this style is to understand the concepts and arguments that the text contains, and it should be preceded by the Skim reading style.
||Post to the Lesson 2 Deliverable.
||Items to be posted include:
- a restatement of your analytic question (problem). This may be a revision of your initial question;
- a revised summary of the geospatial aspects of the problem;
- a list of your assumptions (see the Deliverables for a discussion of assumptions);
- a brief description of your method (be sure to include Analysis of Competing Hypothesis, GIS, and perhaps remote sensing);
- an annotated bibliography of at least 15 quality sources including the geospatial data you might use in your analysis. The references should fall into three categories:
- articles, book chapters, or general references about your topic (approximately 5 sources);
- articles or book chapters about similar studies (approximately 5 sources) with particular attention to the method employed in the work;
- data sets and sources suitable for your analysis (approximately 5 references).
To participate in the discussion, please go to the Lesson 2 Discussion Forum in Canvas. (That forum can be accessed at any time by going to Canvas and clicking on the Discussions link.)
||Read Lesson Summary.
||The summary can be found at the end of this lesson.