Sometimes questions arise as to whom to contact about a certain issue, generally the following are the best options.
Discussion Forums (in Canvas)
- For discussing, collaborating, and asking questions on projects and general course issues.
E-mail (in Canvas)
- First off, MAKE SURE YOU USE "Canvas" TO E-MAIL YOUR INSTRUCTOR.
- Check the relevant discussion forum first to see if your question might have already been answered!
- E-mail Instructor with questions regarding a graded quiz or a specific issue unique to a student's situation.
Reporting Technical Problems
If you experience technology problems of any kind (course website or Canvas) please contact the World Campus Help Desk.
It is in your own best interest to be as specific as you possibly can. Vague descriptions of a problem only delay assistance, try to include information such as:
- the specific course page, quiz question, etc. you were on, what you attempted to do when that failed, and the exact language of any error message displayed on your screen;
- the date and time when your problem occurred; and
- any other pertinent information (does the problem happen consistently and always in the same way, etc.).
A member of the World Campus Help Desk will be in contact with you to offer assistance.
All official administrative communications from the Penn State World Campus are sent to students' Penn State e-mail accounts. Be sure to check your Penn State account regularly or forward your Penn State e-mail to your preferred e-mail account, so you don't miss any important information.