- feature geometry and attributes sent to client; rendered on client
- features to stream to the client are often filtered using a definition expression
- having the geometry and attributes on the client enables the implementation of popup windows
- also supports several types of renderings (e.g., unique values, class breaks, etc.)
How do I know I’m dealing with a FeatureLayer?
- on ArcGIS Server instances, can be created from a service labeled as either MapServer or FeatureServer
- when dealing with a service containing multiple layers, must create the FeatureLayer from one of the service sub-layers
Class description in the SDK: