Welcome to the orientation week for GEOG 863: GIS Mashups for Geospatial Professionals. I hope that by now that you have reviewed the syllabus for important course information. If you haven't, please do so now.
About the Orientation
In addition to introducing some core concepts for this course, the orientation also serves as your guide to the structure of the course and to our online learning environment.
At the successful completion of the Course Orientation, students should be able to:
- navigate between this course text and the Canvas course management system;
- articulate your expectations about how and what you will learn in your online course;
- understand how and what instructors expect you to learn in your online course;
- locate key information about the course, including assignments, due dates, technical information, places to get help, and course policies;
- understand course policies, including academic integrity;
- communicate with instructors and fellow students.
The next page in this lesson outlines the steps you need to perform to successfully complete this orientation.
If you have any questions now or at any point during this week, please feel free to post them to the Orientation Discussion Forum. (To access the forums, return to Canvas. Once in Canvas, you can navigate to the Communicate tab and then scroll down to the Discussion Forums section.) While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help out a classmate.