Lesson 10 will take us one week to complete. Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates. Specific directions for the assignments below can be found within this lesson.
Complete the following steps to complete Lesson 10:
- Work through Lesson 10 in this web site.
- Complete the Required Reading Assignments:
- Explore the National Institute of Justice website on "Mapping and Analysis for Public Safety"
- Skim the "Introductory Guide to Crime Analysis and Mapping" (PSU Login Required)*
- Read "Remote Sensing and Humanitarian Aid: A Lifesaving Combination"
- Read "Using satellite imagery to improve emergency relief"
- Read "UN Uses GIS to Promote Peace and Provide Aid"
- Read "Mapping the Risks" NOTE: For this assignment you need only read the Executive Summary.
- Read "Department of Defense Strategy for Operating in Cyberspace"
- Read "The DOD CYBER STRATEGY"
- Watch The Geospatial Revolution Episode One, Chapter Four “Why We Need It” (embedded on page 10.6 in the lesson)
- Watch Has the Cyber War Threat Been Overly Exaggerated? (embedded on page 10.7 in the lesson)
- Participate in "Lesson 10 - GRADED Discussion Forum (#4)"
- Complete the World Campus SRTE survey
*Students who register for this Penn State course gain access to assignments and instructor feedback, and earn academic credit. Information about Penn State's Online Geospatial Education programs is available at the Geospatial Education Program Office.