Lesson 01 will take us one week to complete. Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates. Specific directions for the assignments below can be found within this lesson.
Complete the following steps to complete Lesson 01:
- Work through Lesson 01 in this web site.
- Complete the Required Reading Assignments:
- Wikipedia article on Geography
- Chapter 1 in Harm de Blij's 2012 book Why Geography Matters More than Ever. New York: Oxford University Press (located in Canvas)*
- View Episode One of the Geospatial Revolution Series (embedded on page 1.4).
- Participate in the "Geography Definitions" Discussion Forum.
- Participate in the "Human Geography Sub-discliplines" Discussion Forum.
- Participate in the "Lesson 01 - GRADED Discussion Forum (#1)".
* Students who register for this Penn State course gain access to assignments, all readings, and instructor feedback, and earn academic credit. Information about Penn State's Online Geospatial Education programs is available at the Geospatial Education Program Office.