Lesson 06 will take us one week to complete. Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates. Specific directions for the assignments below can be found within this lesson.
Complete the following steps to complete Lesson 06:
- Work through Lesson 06 in this web site.
- View Chapter Three of Episode Two of the Geospatial Revolution Series (embedded on page 6.1).
- Complete the Required Reading Assignments:
- "Geotechnology, the US Military, and War" in Geography and Technology (Pages 401-427) (PSU Login required)*
- "The Big Cebrowski and the Real RMA: Thinking About Revolutionary Changes in Technologies" in Wired for War (Pages 179-204) (located in Canvas)*
- "The Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction":
- "Operation Iraqi Freedom: A Military Geographical Perspective" in The Geographical Review Vol. 95, No. 3. (Pages 373-399) (Penn State Login Required)*
- "Going to War with GEOINT" in NGA Pathfinder March-April 2005 (located in Canvas)*
- Participate in Lesson 06 - GRADED Discussion Forum (#2).
* Students who register for this Penn State course gain access to assignments and instructor feedback, and earn academic credit. Information about Penn State's Online Geospatial Education programs is available at the Geospatial Education Program Office.