Registered students of this course should click on the login button to access all of the lesson content.
Quick Facts about GEOG 892
- Instructors: Dr. Qassim Abdullah
- Course Structure: This course contains 10 lessons and there will be:
- 9 online quizzes
- 9 activities including online discussions or reports development
- UAS data processing using Pix4D software
- 1 final project
- Overview: GEOG 892 cultivates students’ knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of the UAS and data post-processing systems. The course also introduces fundamental concepts surrounding operating a UAS such as strategies for selecting the right UAS, assessing its performance, managing resulting products (i.e. imagery), selecting the appropriate commercially available processing software, assessing products accuracy, figuring ways and means of producing metric products from UAS, and understanding rules and regulations governing operating a UAS in the United States of America.
"Geography 892 Promotion" video (1:38):
Dutton Institute, Penn State University