Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in Canvas that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in Canvas.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in Canvas by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears.
You are given two different phase envelopes (VLE region) that represent two different gas reservoir fluids. The first of them has a larger PT envelope covering larger P,T ranges. The other covers a fairly narrow P,T range. What do you conclude? Speculate on the type of gas reservoir for each case. Justify your answer.
In order to design the appropriate production scheme for a gas reservoir recently discovered, what type of VLE calculation do you think is more valuable? Explain in detail.