Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in Canvas that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in Canvas.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in Canvas by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears.
- Compare and contrast the definition of critical point for a single component system and a mixture. What is common between these two systems and what is not? Explain.
- Do the cricondentherm and cricondenbar play a similar role as the critical point? If not, why? What is the difference?
- In a couple of sentences, speculate on the physics of why we have retrograde phenomena.
- Compare and contrast the 2-Phase segment of the P-v isotherm for single components and the P-v isotherm for a binary system. What is the difference?