Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in Canvas that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in Canvas.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in Canvas by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears.
Compare and contrast the definition of critical point for a single component system and a mixture. What is common between these two systems and what is not? Explain.
Do the cricondentherm and cricondenbar play a similar role as the critical point? If not, why? What is the difference?
- In a couple of sentences, speculate on the physics of why we have retrograde phenomena.
- Compare and contrast the 2-Phase segment of the P-v isotherm for single components and the P-v isotherm for a binary system. What is the difference?