Welcome to the orientation week for GEOG 868: Spatial Database Management for Geospatial Professionals. I hope that by now that you have reviewed the syllabus for important course information. If you haven't, please do so now.
Have you looked at our syllabus? This course orientation will complement and expand on the information provided on our syllabus. Be sure to review the syllabus carefully. A link to the syllabus is also located in the main navigation bar.
About the Orientation
In addition to introducing some core concepts for this course, the orientation also serves as your guide to the structure of the course and to our online learning environment.
At the successful completion of the Course Orientation, students should be able to:
- articulate your expectations about how and what you will learn in your online course;
- understand how and what instructors expect you to learn in your online course;
- locate key information about the course, including assignments, due dates, technical information, places to get help, and course policies;
- understand course policies, including academic integrity;
- communicate with instructors and fellow students.
The next page in this lesson outlines the steps you need to perform to successfully complete this orientation.
If you have any questions now or at any point during this week, please feel free to post them to the Orientation Discussion Forum. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you are able to help out a classmate.