Dr. Caroline B. Clifford, Instructor
This course will examine the chemistry of technologies of bio-based sources for power generation and transportation fuels.
When you successfully complete this course, you will be prepared to:
- describe various biomasses that can be utilized for energy and fuel generation;
- explain the composition of various processes necessary for biomass processing;
- utilize the necessary chemistry, as well as mass and energy balances, that would be utilized in a biorefining facility;
- analyze how to utilize biofuels in current fuel infrastructure;
- illustrate what is required in a biorefinery.