Sometimes questions arise as to who to contact about a certain issue and where. Generally, the following is best.
Discussion Forums (in ANGEL)
- For discussing, collaborating, and asking questions on projects and general course issues.
- You may find grading assistants popping into discussion forums from time to time, but you should expect first and foremost your fellow students, and also the instructor to respond there.
E-mail (in ANGEL)
- First off, MAKE SURE YOU USE "ANGEL" TO E-MAIL YOUR INSTRUCTOR AND TEACHING ASSISTANTS!
- Also, check the relevant discussion forum first to see if your question might have already been answered!
- E-mailing Instructor: questions regarding a graded quiz, a specific issue unique to a student's situation, a graded project, a project extension, etc.
All official administrative communications from the Penn State World Campus are sent to students' Penn State e-mail accounts. Be sure to check your Penn State account regularly, or forward your Penn State e-mail to your preferred email account, so you don't miss any important information.
Reporting Technical Problems
If you experience technology problems of any kind (course website, ANGEL), please contact the World Campus Help Desk [http://student.worldcampus.psu.edu/technical-support].
It is in your own best interest to be as specific as you possibly can. Vague descriptions of a problem only delay assistance. Try to include information such as:
- Indicate the specific course page, quiz question, etc. you were on, what you attempted to do when that failed, and the exact language of any error message displayed on your screen
- The date and time when your problem occurred
- Any other pertinent information (does the problem happen consistently and always in the same way, etc.)
A member of the World Campus Help Desk will be in contact with you to assist you.