To be successful in this course, you should be confident performing the following tasks in a modern computer language:
- Identifying variables, functions and operations within a short snip-its of code.
- Identifying and converting between data types.
- Manipulating arrays, including referencing cells or slices within multidimensional arrays
- Debugging simple errors such as type-o's, missed punctuation, etc.
- Researching the use of unfamiliar functions or procedures using the Internet or other means.
- Altering an example code to perform a different (but related) task.
First, I strongly encourage you to take the readiness survey. This will give me a look at your basic coding skills and allow me to make recommendations on how to best prepare for the class. Second, regardless of your level of readiness, you should visit the Pre-enrollment Resources page in order to download and install R onto computer. You'll also find many suggestions on how you can prepare for this course.