Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in Canvas that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in Canvas.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in Canvas by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears.
In the older literature, “Ki” were referred to as the “equilibrium constants.” Now, they are called the “equilibrium ratios.” Why should that make a difference?
In the analysis of the Rachford-Rice Objective Function, we assumed that there was only one unknown: the gas molar fraction (αg). It this strictly true?
- Warren and Adewumi (1992) derived the following analytical expression for flash calculations for a binary mixture:
Please demonstrate that this expression is true.