Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in Canvas that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in Canvas.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in Canvas by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears.
In you own words, state how you would explain the implications of the 1st law and 2nd law of thermodynamics. Assume that you need to explain this to a 5 year old child that has no idea about thermodynamic jargon.
Suppose that most thermodynamic properties were not state functions. What impact would that have in process design?