Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in Canvas that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in Canvas.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in Canvas by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears.
- In you own words, state how you would explain the implications of the 1st law and 2nd law of thermodynamics. Assume that you need to explain this to a 5 year old child that has no idea about thermodynamic jargon.
- Suppose that most thermodynamic properties were not state functions. What impact would that have in process design?