The focus of this lesson is to consider the negative sustainability impacts of food production, and investigate solutions to these problems.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- analyze the water footprint of various foods;
- describe how improper fertilizer management causes dead zones;
- define eutrophication;
- describe the sustainability implications of food deserts and food insecurity;
- demonstrate an understanding of permaculture philosophy and principles;
- describe regenerative agriculture and appropriate technology;
- analyze the sustainability impacts of community gardens; and
- explain the benefits of fair trade certification.
|To Read||Lesson 9 Online Content||You're here!|
If you have any general course questions, please post them to our HAVE A QUESTION discussion forum located under the Discussions tab in Canvas. I will check that discussion forum regularly to respond as appropriate. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses and comments if you are able to help out a classmate. If you have a question but would like to remain anonymous to the other students, email me through Canvas.
If you have something related to the material that you'd like to share, feel free to post to the Coffee Shop forum, also under the Discussions tab in Canvas.